How to create a paypal account in Nigeria: receives money. Many entreprenuers have been asking me this queston, so i have put up this guide to tackle this issue.
PayPal is the world’s number one online money transfer platform and is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide to send and receive money. For years, PayPal had basically shut Nigeria out due to our notoriety for Internet-related fraud. As fraud detection techniques improved as well as Nigeria’s notion as the largest economy in Africa, PayPal has now lifted restrictions on Nigeria. Owning a PayPal account is quite simple and i am going to teach how to How to create a paypal account in Nigeria: receive money.
I know many people who are selling this guide How to create a paypal account in Nigeria: receive money as a course but i am going to tutor you free and also offer some free tools to help you create your paypal account so if you find this guide helpful, help me to share .
N:B This guide will be best understood by watching the tutorial video head over biztrend tv for full tutorial.
Table of content
- setup paypal to send and receive money
- integrate paypal as a payment gateway
- Alternatives to paypal account
- other Alternatives to paypal as a payment gateway
- Free tool ;setup blueprint: https://bit.ly/3ek6Uur
Requirements for Opening a PayPal Account in Nigeria
below are the requirements to setup a 100% working paypal account in Nigeria:
- Create a Gmail account: old or new Gmail account are accepted
- Nigeria Phone number: you need your phone to be present because they will send activation message to you Identity documents: like national ID, drivers license or passport etc
- For business account (website payment gateway) you have to be 18 years of age
- Your device: both mobile phones and computer devices are accepted.
- You would also need a Visa or MasterCard linked to a Nigerian bank account. This could be a credit or debit card. This is necessary for verifying your PayPal account. The service would debit a tiny amount from the card and once you confirm the transaction, the account would be fully Verified.
- Finally, please note Interswitch’s Verve card does not work with the service.
Every aspect of this guide has been done and tested and i will say it is 100% legit
- Many might say it is not possible, i would say it is very possible, if you stay with me i can prove it to you.
- No need to use vpn or changing of your ip address,
- Yes, Don’t use vpn while creating it to avoid been blocked and limited.
- After creating it just link and confirm your visa card or Mastercard card using the four digit code that paypal will send to you, and if paypal rejected your card, check out the cards that are allowed.
How to send money from nigeria
PayPal Registration Interface
1. First thing you do is to go to www.paypal.com/ng
2. Then click on signup
3. Fill in your email address (doesn’t have to be Gmail or Yahoo. It could be [email protected])
4. Afterwards, type in your password and make sure it is one you can remember
5. Go to the next page and type other details such as names, date of birth, address and phone number.
6. Also when filling in your address make sure that it matches the same address details you filled when you opened a bank account
7. It takes you to a page where you fill in your debit card details
8. Punch in your card nos, expiry date and the last 3 digits behind your debit card.
9. Then go to your email account and click on verify
10. Voila!! Your account is setup
11. Finally, test it by sending $10 to anyone or to your PayPal account abroad (if you have one)
12. You get debited in Naira and you should get an alert from your local bank
Using a Wallet
First Bank offers this option through their exclusive deal with PayPal. How does this work?
1. Firstly, log in to your internet banking account using your password and token
2. Then choose the “PayPal wallet” in the main tab and click “Create PayPal Wallet” on the drop-down menu
3. Afterwards, select which cards you wish to link to your PayPal account and which card will be the default card. Try using one card for easy reconciliation
4. Press the button on your online token and confirm accordingly
5. Create a password in the pop-up window that appears
6. Click on “Agree and create account”.
7. Finally, go to your registered email account with the bank which confirms that you have created a PayPal account
It is important to note that at the moment, you cannot receive payment from a Nigerian PayPal account, but there is a quick method I can show you.
How to create a paypal account in Nigeria: receives money
Firstly, Visit the most feasible country PayPal you want yours to be domiciled.
For the sake of this guide we will use Lesotho a country in southern africa stay with me and i will explain everything,
(N:B) use the link in the blueprint in if did not see that check it here.
On paypal homepage
If you click on sign up;
Two options will be given to you, read it through and choose wisely.
- personal account
- business account
Secondly: Sign up to the business option, and fill in your business and personal details.
Filling your information
Make sure to give correct information that is required do not falsify any answer.
Then you will be required to put in your legal ID like NIN or Passport number.
You should use your personal details as they appear in your bank. Fill in your personal details, verify and move to the next page.
If you don’t know anyone in the country you want your account domiciled, you should go to yellow pages of that country to get pseudo credentials, while you use it alongside your real credentials in the personal details area.
Thirdly: Verify your email and lift your PayPal limit with a credit card.
You can get a working card at UBA or the Wema by Alat card, they work very well till date. Use it to verify your PayPal and lift the limit
Finally: Test your account by sending some funds to activate the account. You can get PayPal funds from freelancers and your account is set.
Alternative to paypal account
Please view other alternatives if you will like to international receive payments
You need to know these alternative online payment services that would let you receive your funds in Nigeria:
Western Union: Use Western Union to send money online or in person to friends and family around the world to more than 200 countries and territories from the United States.
Payoneer : Whether you are a business owner, professional or freelancer. Payoneer offers you multiple ways to get paid online by international clients. 24/7 Customer Care. Low Cost. Secure Solutions.
Cheque Bank : Cheques can still be used to pay for goods and are often used when payment must be made by post.
Wire Transfer : A wire transfer is a transfer of funds done electronically across a network of banks or transfer agencies around the world. Senders pay for the transaction at the remitting bank and provide the recipient’s name, bank account number, and the amount transferred.
Money Transfer: Instant, secure and free money transfers by NETELLER are a great way to send money around the corner or across the globe.
Skrill : Transfer Money For Shopping, Trading, In Game Purchases and More! Register Now.
Alternative to paypal account as a payment gateway for your website
Many do not know about other amazing platforms to help you to recieve money online from your website.
2Checkout : 2Checkout is an electronic payment service (merchant account alternative) founded in 2000 that allows merchants to accept online credit card payments from customers in their home country and abroad. Also called “2CO,” 2Checkout offers similar services to those of PayPal and Stripe
Flutterwave : Flutterwave is an API that lets you process credit card and local alternative payments, like mobile money and ACH, across Africa. They make it possible for global merchants to process payments like a local African company.
Do you have any questions on how to open a PayPal account? ; if yes contact me on the contact page.
Was this guide helpful ?
If you enjoyed it please share this guide costs money but you have it for free so please do me the honors and share thanks.